A portable version of WordPress using PHPDesktop and SQLite
Using PHP Desktop desktop GUI framework for IE, a complete working version of WordPress using the SQLite database
- Download PHPDesktop from https://github.com/cztomczak/phpdesktop/wiki/Download-MSIE
- Download these files or clone in Git.
- Extract the files and copy phpdesktop-msie.exe to this folder
- Double click phpdesktop-msie.exe to launch
- Scroll down to Log In link and click link.
- Use the userid: admin and password: password
PHP Desktop -> https://github.com/cztomczak/phpdesktop
php.ini: max_execution_time must be increased to 90 (default was 30)
settings.json: port number must be defined to 8080 (default was 0), otherwise WordPress will not run on subsequent launches
wordpress.db: place outside the root path in ../data and specify in the wp-config.php
Deploy on LAMP
Copy the entire www folder to your Linux server (www -> public_html or htdocs, NOT public_html/www)
Copy the entire data folder to your Linux server, outside the root
Ensure Linux file permissions are set properly
Example of Live WordPress-SQLite site
The archive file phpdesktop-wordpress-sqlite.zip contains the phpdesktop-msie executable. Download the archive, extract and then click on the executable.
Scroll down the page and press Login and the login credentials are: admin and password
You can run from a USB drive to preview projects for a client when internet connectivity is not suitable.
Donations Appreciated & Accepted
Click (or copy & paste) here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AY6K2EV5VH9ZN