Extend Cockpit core functionality by sending a customized email when a collection is saved. Such functionality can be useful when collections are saved outside of the CMS.
- Confirm that you have cockpit configured to send emails
- Download zip and extract to 'your-cockpit-docroot/addons' (e.g. cockpitcms/addons/EmailOnSave)
- Access module settings (http://your-cockpit-site/emailonsave) and confirm that configuration page is loaded
On the configuration page there are 2 main sections, the first, on the left, will provide email specific configurations:
- Email To email value (one email or multiple emails separated by comma)
- Email Subject text
- Email Body template, a token string ([:data]) can be used to include the collection data
On the right, there is a list with all available collections, enabling a specific collection will trigger the email every time the collection is saved.
Using the default template, an email will render as below:
Copyright and license
Copyright 2018 pauloamgomes under the MIT license.