This is a nearly full rewrite of the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) documentation script so kindly shared with everyone by David O'Brien (@davidobrien1985, Twitter:@david_obrien).
I am attempting to document most everything in Current Branch.
The requirement for Microsoft Word has been dropped in favor of a pure formatted HTML output.
Please submit issues if you find a bug or have ideas on additional data that should be collected.
Note: This has not been tested against an environment with a CAS or secondary sites. But, most of us should not be running a CAS or secondary site in the age of Current Branch.
My updated script contains pretty much everything collected from the original. Below is a summary of what’s New:
- Removed dependence on Microsoft Word.
- Formatted HTML output.
- Updated to work with Current Branch (1710+).
- Collects everything for Software Updates (ADRS, Config, Packages, Groups)!!
- Collects important Info for SQL database.
- Collects Site features and servicing history.
- Collect Default Boundary Group settings.
- Extended to include configuration of all the new Client Settings.
- Collects additional Collection information.
- Summarizes Collections with maintenance windows.
- Summary of all the different Compliance settings (Conditional Access, Company resources, etc).
- Updated Endpoint Protection Profile info.
- MUCH more detail on Applications.
- Added OSD Related Items (Installers, Images, Upgrade Packages)
- Lists Task Sequence steps.
- Summary or detailed options.
- CM Scripts
Script Usage Examples
This will document everything with just the summary information of each component:
This will document everything with detailed information. Will make a very large file!
DocumentCMCB.ps1 -ListAllInformation -CompanyName "Acme Inc."
This will document everything with detailed information. It will also embed a custom logo from the provided URL into the cover page.
DocumentCMCB.ps1 -CompanyName "Acme Inc." -CompanyLogo 'http://www.contoso.com/logo.jpg' -ListAllInformation
This will document everything with summary information, a custom logo, and a custom Author and Vendor.
DocumentCMCB.ps1 -CompanyName "Contoso" -CompanyLogo 'http://www.contoso.com/logo.jpg' -Author "Bugs Bunny" -Vendor "Acme"
This will document everything with detailed information, a local custom logo, and a custom Author and Vendor. This will also mask user accounts and add a date/time to the output file name. This is a good option for automation of this script.
DocumentCMCB.ps1 -ListAllInformation -CompanyName "Acme Inc." -CompanyLogo 'C:\Temp\logo.jpg' -Author "Bugs Bunny" -Vendor "Acme" -AddDateTime -MaskAccounts