Miro Community 1.10.0
- Upgraded to vidscraper 1.0.X.
- Switched thumbnail saving to use ImageFields.
- Upgraded theme handling.
- Moved "submission requires email address" setting to SiteSettings.
- Removed OriginalVideo model.
- Removed filesystem timestamps.
- Removed legacy commands: update_index_in_tmpdir
- Upgraded daguerre to use more efficient bulk adjustments.
- Set up amara use as default for video embeds.
- Improved feed efficiency with prefetch_related.
- Corrected issues with relative thumbnail URLs in widgets and feeds.
Miro Community 1.9.1
- Switched to nose for tests.
- Added tox integration.
- Added selenium tests.
- Cleaned up grid list CSS/HTML.
- Moved auth functionality to top navbar.
- Switched adding/editing sources to use pages rather than overlays.
- Made sure haystack indexing pks are distinct.
- Switched social authentication to django-social-auth.
- Removed "Newsletter" functionality.
- Corrected video thumbnail handling in generated feeds.
Miro Community 1.9
- Renamed :class:`~localtv.SiteLocation` to :class:`~localtv.SiteSettings`.
- Video submission extra_init hack removed and replaced with class-based views. Though these are not strictly backwards-compatible from the backend, the user experience and template contexts should be the same.
- New responsive front-end styles using sass/compass.
- New documentation, esp. as regards contributing to miro community.
- Switched to Django 1.4.
- Switched from django-voting to built-in contrib voting functionality.
- Purged all tiers-related code.
- Switched to django-daguerre for thumbnail resizing.
- Added read-only tastypie API for some aspects of Miro Community.
- Improved/simplified search code.
- Set up Category model to use django-mptt.
- Stopped using bitly to store long file urls.
- Moved :class:`Video` validation to the model class from the :func:`video_from_vidscraper_video` task.
Miro Community 1.8.6
- Bumped Django requirement due to security releases.
- Stopped verification of submitted URLs' existence.
Miro Community 1.8.5
- Corrected a bug in feed import thumbnail handling.
Miro Community 1.8.4
- Corrected database referencing during source imports.
- Eliminated a thumbnail vs. source import race condition which was re-marking videos as pending.
Miro Community 1.8.3
- Brought test cases and example project dependencies up to date.
- Corrected some missing imports.
- Added a catch for errors while saving video m2m relationships during source imports.
Miro Community 1.8.2
Added instance creation methods to new test cases.
Disabled haystack indexing during fixture loading for legacy tests.
Disabled haystack indexing during source imports.
Added bulk indexing/removal support.
Added flexible class-based sorting for SortFilter classes.
Corrected feed caching issues.
Fixed non-functional search feeds.
Standardized handling of video popularity between the front page and the popular videos listing page.
- This includes a new
update_popularitymanagement command, which should be run at least once per day.
- This includes a new
Fix to video preview size in the admin live search.
Fix for the admin unapproved videos feed.
Deleting a source, user, or site will now remove all related videos from the search index.
Miro Community 1.8.1
- Various bugfixes for issues raised in the 1.8 release, such as:
- Listing sorting
- Feed caching
- Video submission templates and template context
- Feed unicode errors
- Removed patch_settings hack from :mod:`localtv.tasks`
Miro Community 1.8
- :class:`Feed imports <localtv.FeedImport>` and :class:`Search imports <localtv.SearchImport>` are now tracked in the database.
- Imports are handled asynchronously with :mod:`celery`, for a more responsive user experience.
- :mod:`mirocommunity` now uses Django 1.3, including
django.contrib.staticfiles. See the Django 1.3 release notes for more details.
localtv.context_processoris now located at
localtv.context_processors.localtvand no longer adds
requestto the context. The request can be included in the context by adding
- :meth:`request.sitelocation` has been removed in favor of the more explicit :meth:`SiteLocation.objects.get_current`.
localtv.FixAJAXMiddlewarewas moved to
localtv.SiteLocationMiddlewarewas moved to
localtv.middleware.UserIsAdminMiddlewareand no longer provides a shortcut method for fetching :class:`~localtv.SiteLocation`s on the request.
- Most code related to scraping videos was pushed back upstream to :mod:`vidscraper`.