Pedestal is a set of libraries written in Clojure that aims to bring both the language and its principles (Simplicity, Power and Focus) to server-side development.
Getting the Latest Release
[io.pedestal/pedestal.service "0.4.1"] [io.pedestal/pedestal.service-tools "0.4.1"] ;; Only needed for ns-watching [io.pedestal/pedestal.jetty "0.4.1"] [io.pedestal/pedestal.immutant "0.4.1"] [io.pedestal/pedestal.tomcat "0.4.1"]
Please see our Releases for version details, updates, and necessary migration steps.
- Fast and secure by default (automatically uses secure headers, CSRF-protection, and other best practices)
- A guiding principle of "data > functions > macros" - the core pieces of Pedestal are data-driven and programmed against protocols. The entire platform is extensible.
- A high-performance prefix-tree router that is significantly faster and more space efficient than other Clojure web routers
- The ability to plug-in any router, including one you write
- The ability to express routes in any format you like
- Full/true async support (Async Servlet + core.async + NIO), resulting in better performance and capacity than a synchronous-only solution
- Advanced error handling for async systems
- Integrated streaming capabilites like Server-sent events
- Integrated support for Cross-origin resource sharing/CORS
- Integrated linking and testing tools
- A fundamentally simple system (absolutely everything is an interceptor; interceptors compose)
- The ability to utilize Java Web technology directly in your service (Pedestal can integrate ServletFilters)
- The ability to utilize Ring Middleware as Pedestal Interceptors
- Support to run on Jetty, Immutant/Undertow, and Tomcat
- and more!
Starting a new project
# To create a new service: lein new pedestal-service the-next-big-server-side-thing
Our primary focus for the near future is Pedestal documentation, sample applications and improving general ease of use.
- Pedestal documentation is coupled within this repository.
- The latest API Docs.
- Build your own API docs with
At present Pedestal supports OSX and Linux environments. At this time we do not support using Pedestal on a Windows environment.
Some good news: We will still gladly accept pull requests extending our Windows support
The bad news: We will not invest significant amounts of time into diagnosing or correcting Windows issues.
Find out more
Looking for Pedestal App?
- Pedestal App now lives in its own github repo.
- Please see the community announcement for more details.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for details on contributing to Pedestal.
To install Pedestal library components in your local Maven repository run
lein sub install from a local checkout of this repository.
Running the tests
After installing all the library components, you can run the tests with
lein sub test from a local checkout of this repository.
Copyright 2013 Relevance, Inc.
Copyright 2014-2015 Cognitect, Inc.
The use and distribution terms for this software are covered by the Eclipse Public License 1.0 (http://opensource.org/licenses/eclipse-1.0) which can be found in the file epl-v10.html at the root of this distribution.
By using this software in any fashion, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license.
You must not remove this notice, or any other, from this software.