Redmine Departments Plugin
We needed to be able to track Departments as a separate entity in Redmine, with more flexibility and power than adding Custom Attributes allowed for. Thus, Redmine_Departments was born. You can track departments, as well as basic contact information for each department, and relate departments to issues (many/many relationship).
- Permissions for Viewing, Creating, and Removing Departments
- Permissions for Viewing, Creating, and Removing Issue->Department relationships
- Currently at 1.0.1
- Requires Redmine 0.9.x (built/tested on 0.9.6, untested on previous versions, but it should work...)
- Due to a change in Redmine 1.0, Departments won't work without some tweaking. See my cc_addresses plugin for details, as it shares the same issue. (this has been fixed in Redmine, but I don’t know what changes need to be made for _departments to work properly).
- If you find any bugs, or want to request a feature, feel free to contact me (info below) or create an issue here on GitHub.
- Requires Will_Paginate gem to be installed
git clone http://github.com/peelman/redmine_departments.git
Enabling and Permissions
- Needs to be enabled per-project in the Modules tab
- Permissions are set via the traditional role method
Thanks to Aleksander Palyan (Freedayko) for his contributions!
Inspiration and guidance provided by:
- Daniel Vandersluis's Redmine Resources plugin (http://github.com/dvandersluis/redmine_resources\)
- Extra Special Thanks to Chris Moore (http://github.com/cdmwebs)
Fancy / Awesome Icons courteousy of FamFamFam:
- This plugin is open-source and licensed under the "GNU General Public License v2" See: GPL 2.0 Website for more info.
- © 2010-2011 Nick Peelman