Sluggable posts for Nesta CMS
This plugin allows you to create Nesta articles with a numeric filename (probably based on date and serial) but serve the page with an SEO-friendly slug, like so http://wynnnetherland.com/linked/2011092203/making-blogazine-with-nesta. The slug is optional. As long as the numeric filename path is included, Nesta will redirect to add the current slug.
Sluggable posts provide a few benefits:
- You can change the slug if your headline changes and Nesta will automatically find the new article.
- You don't have to know your headline and slug when you create your file.
- Mangled, truncated URLs can still find the way to the latest version of your page.
To install add the plugin to your Nesta Gemfile
Setting the slug
Slugs can be set in the page metadata:
date: 2011-09-24 slug: this-is-my-first-sluggable-post # This is the headline
Alternatively, if not set, Sluggable will dasherize the heading to create the slug.
In order to avoid a
301 redirect for all sluggable page links on your site, use the
permalink method in your templates instead of
- Nesta CLI option to create posts
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2011 Wynn Netherland. See LICENSE for details.