Name day REST client
The C# application for finding name days for the name or for the date built by the .NET Framework. It is the client that communicates with my own name day REST service.
For the operation there must be any name or date in the text field written.
The tested version of .NET Framework is 4.0.30319.
The current path of C# compiler for the compilation is C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319. If You want to set any other path, please change the line
set DOTNET_HOME=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 of _make.bat batch.
The version of included Newtonsoft.Json.dll is 220.127.116.11 (DLL is required for the REST communication with my service).
This project also show the example how to develop a small .NET application without Microsoft Visual Studio.
Cloning to your computer
- clone this repository to your computer by the GIT command
git clone https://github.com/petrfaltus/csharp-nameday-rest-client.git
Running under Windows
- the batch _make.bat compiles the project, it creates the EXE file (Windows executable)
- the batch _run.bat launches the Windows executable file in the bin directory (it requires the Newtonsoft.Json.dll placed in the same directory for the operation)
- the batch _clean deletes the Windows executable file in the bin directory
To do (my plans to the future)
- the search functionality should be running in any other thread and there should be also the Stop button
- there is a little language conflict, the application is pure english but the name days REST service czech