Chef Knife Plugin for Bare Metal Cloud
Chef Knife plugin for provisioning and managing Bare Metal Cloud resources.
Bare Metal Cloud • Developers Portal • Knowledge Base • Support
- Bare Metal Cloud account
Creating a Bare Metal Cloud account
- Go to the Bare Metal Cloud signup page.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account.
- Use your credentials to log in to Bare Metal Cloud portal.
Installing the plugin
The plugin is available as a Ruby gem and you can install it with:
gem install knife-bmc
You need to create a configuration file called
config.yaml and save it in the user home directory. This file is used to authenticate access to your Bare Metal Cloud resources.
In your home directory, create a directory
.pnap and a
config.yaml file inside it. The file needs to contain only two lines of code:
clientId: <enter your client id> clientSecret: <enter your client secret>
To get the values for the clientId and clientSecret, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Bare Metal Cloud portal.
- On the left side menu, click on API Credentials.
- Click the Create Credentials button.
- Fill in the Name and Description fields, select the permissions scope and click Create.
- In the table, click on Actions and select View Credentials from the dropdown.
- Copy the values from the Client ID and Client Secret fields into your
Running the plugin with Knife
If the gem has been installed on your system, it should already be available as a
knife bmc server create (OPTIONS) HOSTNAME knife bmc server delete (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc server get (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc server list (OPTIONS) knife bmc server poweroff (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc server poweron (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc server reboot (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc server reset (OPTIONS) SERVER_ID_LIST knife bmc server shutdown (OPTIONS) SERVER_LIST knife bmc sshkey create (OPTIONS) KEYFILE knife bmc sshkey delete (OPTIONS) knife bmc sshkey list
Bare Metal Cloud community
Become part of the Bare Metal Cloud community to get updates on new features, help us improve the platform, and engage with developers and other users.
- Follow @phoenixNAP on Twitter
- Join the official Slack channel
- Sign up for our Developers Monthly newsletter
Get in touch with us if you have questions or need help with Bare Metal Cloud.
Twitter • Facebook • LinkedIn • Instagram • YouTube • Email