Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
App Icon Sizes
- 57 px, add as
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="icon.png">, in the
- 57 px, iPhone
- 72 px, iPad
- 114 px, iPhone 4 Retina Display
- 144 px, iPad 3 Retina Display
- 1024 px, iTunes – Used in iTunes and in the App Store sized down to 175px
- 29 px, iPhone Settings/Spotlight, iPad Settings – used in these table views. Minor, but still important!
- 48 px, iPad Spotlight
- 58 px, iPhone 4 Settings/Spotlight
- 64 px document icon
- 320 px document icon
- 192px (xxxhdpi)
- 144px (xxhdpi)
- 96px (xhdpi)
- 72px (hdpi)
- 48px (mdpi)
- 36px (ldpi)
- 512x512 pixel - only used in Android Market; resized to various sizes
- tablet webworks: 90px
- BB10: 114px
- applications for all form factors can accept two images for the icon: a regular icon and a hover icon, which is displayed when the user hovers over the app with the cursor.
- BlackBerry 6: "For application icons, create an icon file that does not exceed 68-by-68 pixels. This size includes the canvas. Keep the weight of icons inside a 49-by-49 pixels space. Smaller elements can extend beyond this size but icons should not exceed 55-by-55 pixels. If the icon within the canvas exceeds this size, it could be scaled down and upset the line weights and gradients."
- BlackBerry 6 Icons and Indicators
BlackBerry Icon Defaults
- the BBW packager will look for icon.gif, icon.png, and icon.jpg in the root of the app package by default, or go for what's specified in config.xml.
- 62px, small application tile
- 173px, large application tile
- 48px, application bar icons
Windows Phone Marketplace
- 99px, small mobile app icon
- 173px, large mobile app icon
- 200px, PC app title icon
- 480x800px, details page screenshot
- 1000x800px, panorama background
- 480x800px, application splash screen
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.