Style Guide is a mountable Rails engine where you curate and view your site's visual elements.
Tutorials on important topics, such as creating your own Style Guide sections, writing documentation for visual elements and more can be found in the Style Guide wiki.
- Simple: just directories of partials
- Responsive: see how everything looks on a mobile device
- Live: file changes are presented immediately when using LiveReload
- Documentation-aware: each partial can be documented with an i18n scope
- Not a Layout Guide: visual elements should not be composed
- Not a linting tool: no warnings or errors are displayed
- Curated, not magic: providing fake data for partials is not covered
The simplest way to install Style Guide is to use Bundler.
Add Style Guide to your
group :development do gem 'style-guide' end
Then, use Bundler to install the gem and its dependencies:
$ bundle install
Last, run the Rails generator to configure your app:
$ rails g style_guide:install
Consult the Style Guide wiki for more information about what the generator does.
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important because breaking your feature in a future version unintentionally is sad.
- Issue a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
- Doc Ritezel
- Ofri Afek
- Rob Head
- Can Berk Güder
- Dennis Schmidt
- @tildewill, @emstar and @ajmurmann for fantastic input during the initial development process
- Dmitriy Kalinin for being himself
LICENSE for more information.