The Job Announcement is a web application built in order to showcase a business process-centric application based on the Java EE 6 technology stack and the camunda BPM Platform running on the JBoss Application Server 7. An online version of the showcase can be found at http://the-job-announcement.com/.
The application supports the process of creating a job position announcement starting from the need of finding a new employee. A manager can start the process by requesting a new job announcement giving a brief description of her needs. She will then submit her request to the Human Resources department which will review and create a detailed job announcement with an optional Twitter and/or Facebook post. The job announcement can be reviewed and approved (or not) by the original manager. Eventually, the job announcement is published to Twitter and Facebook.
Two BPMN 2.0 business processes definitions implemented the abovementioned process (see below).
The Job Announcement
The Job Announcement: Publish Job Announcement
Yes, we've Got Issues!
Building the Showcase Yourself
In order to be able to "play" with the showcase yourself you will need to do the following steps:
- Download the camunda BPM Platform for JBoss AS 7 7.0.0-alpha7 (tested) from here.
- Install it, start it with
- Make sure JBoss AS 7 is running by pointing your browser to
- Make sure you have the following installed and working:
- Clone this repository with
git clone email@example.com:plexiti/the-job-announcement.git
- Build the application with
mvn packageand deploy it with
- Point your browser to
- The Signavio Process Editor by Signavio
- camunda fox showcases from camunda services GmbH
- JSF 2 + Twitter Bootstrap
- Nils Preusker
- Bootstrap 2.0 Tabs JQuery Ajax Example
- Icons by GLYPHICONS
- Validate different validation groups depending on different buttons
- Sticky Footer with Bootstrap
Feedback and Future Work
We see this project as a permanent work in progress, we already have several features in the pipeline which we intend to implement and publish. In the meantime send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
This software is licensed under the terms you may find in the file named
LICENSE.txt in the root directory.