plone.app.debugtoolbar provides a wealth of debug information about a
running Plone site at your fingertips. Simply install it in your build
(e.g. by adding it to the
eggs list in your Buildout and re-running
buildout) and install it into your Plone site.
You should now see a
Debug link at the top of your site. Click it to open
the debug drawer. Click on a panel to view relevant information.
- Context, showing information about the current content object
- Interactive, providing an interactive Python prompt through which you can
interact with the current context (only available to users with the
- Request, showing information about the request that produced the current page
- Response, showing informationa about the response that produced the current page
- Published, showing information about the page template or view that was published
- Theme, showing information about the current theme and browser layers
- User, showing information about the current user
- Workflow, showing information about workflow and security
- Zope, showing information about how the Zope server is configured
- Versions, listing the versions of every package known to the Zope process
The debug toolbar provides a lot of information about your Plone site that you
may not want the world to know. It could also have a noticable performance
impact, and for users with the
Manage portal permission it provides access
to an interactive interpreter where arbitrary Python statements can be executed,
allowing a user to bypass Zope security.
In other words: Do not install this package on your production server.
Each panels is included as a viewlet. You can register new panels using a viewlet registration like this:
<browser:viewlet name="plone.app.debugtoolbar.somepanel" manager="plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser.interfaces.IDebugToolbarViewletManager" class=".somepanel.SomePanelViewlet" template="somepanel.pt" permission="zope2.View" layer="plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser.interfaces.IDebugToolbarLayer" />
plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser for plenty of examples of panels.