24-February-2019 - 6.12.0
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.12.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
- New and noteworthy
- Fixed Issues
- API Changes
- External Contributions
New and noteworthy
Call For Logo
PMD’s logo was great for a long time. But now we want to take the opportunity with the next major release to change our logo in order to use a more "politically correct" one.
Learn more about how to participate on github issue 1663.
CPD Suppression for Antlr-based languages
ITBA students Matías Fraga, Tomi De Lucca and Lucas Soncini keep working on bringing full Antlr support to PMD. For this release, they have implemented token filtering in an equivalent way as we did for JavaCC languages, adding support for CPD suppressions through
CPD-ON comments for all Antlr-based languages.
This means, you can now ignore arbitrary blocks of code on:
Simply start the suppression with any comment (single or multiline) containing
and resume again with a comment containing
More information is available in the user documentation.
PL/SQL Grammar improvements
- In this release, many more parser bugs in our PL/SQL support have been fixed. This adds more complete
support for UPDATE statements and subqueries and hierarchical queries in SELECT statements.
- Support for analytic functions such as LISTAGG has been added.
- Conditions in WHERE clauses support now REGEX_LIKE and multiset conditions.
- The new Java rule
for try-blocks, that could be changed to a try-with-resources statement. This statement ensures that
each resource is closed at the end of the statement and is available since Java 7.
- The Apex rule
apex-codestyle) has a new
skipTestMethodUnderscores, which is by default disabled. The new property allows for ignoring
all test methods, either using the
testMethodmodifier or simply annotating them
- #1641: [java] False-positive with Lombok and inner classes
- #780: [java] BeanMembersShouldSerializeRule does not recognize lombok accessors
- #1633: [java] UnsynchronizedStaticFormatter reports commons lang FastDateFormat
- #1632: [java] ConsecutiveLiteralAppends false positive over catch
- #1679: [ui] No default language version selected
- #1623: [java] Fix lombok.AllArgsConstructor support - Bobby Wertman
- #1625: [java] UnusedImports false positive for method parameter type in @see Javadoc - Shubham
- #1628: [java] LinguisticNaming should ignore overriden methods - Shubham
- #1634: [java] BeanMembersShouldSerializeRule does not recognize lombok accessors - Shubham
- #1635: [java] UnsynchronizedStaticFormatter reports commons lang FastDateFormat - Shubham
- #1637: [java] Compile time constants initialized by literals avoided by AccessorMethodGenerationRule - Shubham
- #1640: [java] Update instead of override classHasLombokAnnotation flag - Phokham Nonava
- #1644: [apex] Add property to allow apex test methods to contain underscores - Tom
- #1645: [java] ConsecutiveLiteralAppends false positive - Shubham
- #1646: [java] UseDiamondOperator doesn't work with var - Shubham
- #1654: [core] Antlr token filter - Tomi De Lucca
- #1655: [kotlin] Kotlin tokenizer refactor - Lucas Soncini
- #1686: [doc] Replaced wrong escaping with ">" - Himanshu Pandey