City of Seattle police reports webapp
Source code to City of Seattle's online police reports application was requested by Phil Mocek on 2010-08-06 and received via e-mail from D'Anne Mount of the City of Seattle Department of Information Technology on 2010-09-10, with the note, "I am responding to your request for a copy of the source code for the Seattle Police Department's Online Police Reports Web application from the Department of Information Technology. Attached is a copy of the source code with redactions made in accordance with RCW 42.56.420(4)."
An updated version was requested on 2013-01-30, provided by Megan Coppersmith of Seattle Department of Information Technology on 2013-06-03, and received by Phil Mocek on 2013-07-11. Updates were then merged and committed to this repository.
With the 2013-06-03 update, Ms. Coppersmith wrote:
Information that would provide access to the Seattle Police Department's database and other City databases has been redacted throughout the responsive records. This information is exempt under RCW 42.56.420(4), which exempts "[i]nformation regarding the infrastructure and security of computer and telecommunications networks, consisting of security passwords, security access codes and programs, access codes for secure software applications, security and service recovery plans, security risk assessments, and security test results to the extent that they identify specific system vulnerabilities." Providing unauthorized access to the City's databases could compromise the security of those databases, impair the City's ability to perform vital governmental operations and inhibit the City's ability to provide a response in an emergency.
Those redactions appear to be indicated by the text "** REDACTED **" which appears in the following files:
- Service References/SsoServices/BasicProfile.disco
- Service References/SsoServices/SingleSignOnProfileService.wsdl
- Service References/SsoServices/Reference.svcmap
- Service References/SsoServices/configuration91.svcinfo
- Service References/SsoServices/configuration.svcinfo
- Service References/UserProfileServices/configuration91.svcinfo
- Service References/UserProfileServices/configuration.svcinfo
- Service References/PoliceReportServices/configuration91.svcinfo
- Service References/PoliceReportServices/configuration.svcinfo