Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Postman helps you be more efficient while working with APIs. Postman is a scratch-your-own-itch project. The need for it arose while one of the developers was creating an API for his project. After looking around for a number of tools, nothing felt just right. The primary features added were a history of sent requests and collections. A number of other features have been added since the initial release. Here is a small list.
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
- HATEOS support
- Image previews
- Request history
- Basic Auth and OAuth 1.0 helpers
- Autocomplete for URL and header values
- Key/value editors for adding parameters or header values. Works for URL parameters too.
- Use environment variables to easily shift between settings. Great for testing production, staging or local setups.
- Keyboard shortcuts to maximize your productivity
- Use collections to organize requests.
- Document requests inside collections. You can even store entire HTML notes. Postman uses Bootstrap so you can use it too to style your notes.
- Download and share collections with your team of developers.