Clone this wiki locally
Postman helps you be more efficient while working with APIs. Postman is a scratch-your-own-itch project. The need for it arose while one of the developers was creating an API for his project. After looking around for a number of tools, nothing felt just right. The primary features added were a history of sent requests and collections. A number of other features have been added since the initial release. Here is a small list.
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
- HATEOS support
- Image previews
- Request history
- Basic Auth and OAuth 1.0 helpers
- Autocomplete for URL and header values
- Key/value editors for adding parameters or header values. Works for URL parameters too.
- Use environment variables to easily shift between settings. Great for testing production, staging or local setups.
- Keyboard shortcuts to maximize your productivity
- Use collections to organize requests.
- Document requests inside collections. You can even store entire HTML notes. Postman uses Bootstrap so you can use it too to style your notes.
- Download and share collections with your team of developers.