What is WebProtégé?
WebProtégé is a free, open source collaborative ontology development environment.
It provides the following features:
- Support for editing OWL 2 ontologies
- A default simple editing interface, which provides access to commonly used OWL constructs
- Full change tracking and revision history
- Collaboration tools such as, sharing and permissions, threaded notes and discussions, watches and email notifications
- Customizable user interface
- Support for editing OBO ontologies
- Multiple file formats for upload and download of ontologies (supported formats: RDF/XML, Turtle, OWL/XML, OBO, and others)
WebProtégé runs as a Web application. End users access it through their Web browsers. They do not need to download or install any software. We encourage end-users to use
If you have downloaded the webprotege war file from GitHub, and would like to deploy it on your own server, please follow the instructions at: