OJS Publons Plugin
Developed and maintained by: Publons Ltd.
Original code from: Media Sphera Publishing House
This plugin provides the ability to send and publish reviews to Publons (https://publons.com).
This plugin is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
See the accompanying OJS file docs/COPYING for the complete terms of this license.
- OJS 2.4.5 or greater (Not working on OJS 3.0 yet).
- PHP 5.2 or greater.
- CURL support for PHP.
- ZipArchive support for PHP.
To install the plugin:
- On the OJS site go to Home > User > Journal Management > Plugin Management > Install a New Plugin, select the .tar.gz file with the plugin and click "Continue"
- Install the database schema: run the following command from your OJS directory:
$ php tools/dbXMLtoSQL.php -schema execute plugins/generic/publons/schema.xml
- Enable the plugin by going to: Home > User > Journal Management > Plugin Management > Generic Plugins and selecting "ENABLE" under "Publons Plugin"
- Set up correct credentials to post reviews to Publons by going to Home > User > Journal Management > Plugin Management > Generic Plugins and click “CONNECTION” under "Publons Plugin"
- Enter the username and the password of the Publons user who has API access to Publons so that the plugin can retrieve the authorisation token required.
- Enter the API key of the journal found on the Publons partner dashboard under 'Integrations'.
- Optional. Add the link to your journal landing page on publons so users can find more info about this.
For the plugin to work correctly the journal should be registered at http://publons.com. (See https://publons.com/partner/info/ for more info). Then the corresponding registration data should be entered in the appropriate fields on the plugin page "Connection": Home > User > Journal Management > Plugin Management > Generic Plugins > Publons.
Click the link "Published" in the settings. Here is where the Journal Manager can see the list of reviews transferred to Publons for the current journal.
When the plugin is enabled, a button “Publish my review on Publons” will be present on all submission pages after the reviewer has submitted their review. After the reviewer has clicked on this button and confirmed they want to send their review to Publons, the review data is sent to Publons automatically and reviewer receives an invitation to claim it (or it is automatically added if reviewer has profile with Publons and opted in to automatically add reviews from partnered journals). The Publons website certifies only the fact the reviewer has completed peer review for the current journal. The text of the review can be disclosed on Publons website only after publication of the article and if both the publication author and journal allow it. To disclose the text of the review, the reviewer should input the DOI of the published article on Publons.
Please email us for support, bugfixes or comments.
Original version written by Natalya Mollecker for the Media Sphera Publishing House, Moscow, Russian Federation (http://mediasphera.ru/)
- 1.0 - Initial Release
- 1.1 - Fixed small issues
- 2.0 - Refactor of how plugin works, large bugfixes, styling changes.