Miscellaneous bug fixes:
- Prevent parsing links in code blocks.
- Fix SnowFlat comment vote buttons.
- Improve compact number display.
- Improve delete cache performance.
- Prevent use of
<style>tag (PR #740 from @alacn1).
- Remove database entries where deleted user was favorited (PR #754 from @jairlopez).
- Fix database overflow issue with many repeated words (PR #758 from @pupi1985).
- Fix mismatch between Q2A and PHPMailer email validation (PR #773 from @pupi1985).
- Fix some PHP notices on PHP 7.4.
- Add 404 response for empty tag page.
Security improvement and some bug fixes:
- Security fix: prevent use of
<object>tags (PR #807 by @gturri).
- Treat blob ids as strings due to size limitations (PR #735 by @pupi1985).
- Fix negative upvoteCount wrongly displayed (PR #738 by @pupi1985).
- Fix file input field causing problems on SnowFlat theme.
- Avoid magic quotes deprecation notice on PHP 7.4.
- Prevent duplicated vote events (PR #751 by @pupi1985).
Minor bugs fixes:
- Fix voting on follow-on question 'comments'.
- Fix selection of answers trying to close questions.
- Fix titles wrapping in SnowFlat theme.
- Fix cache trim function.
- Clear cache when posts are hidden.
- Fix minimum tags error when using only categories.
- Fix MySQL reserved keyword clash.
Several bug fixes:
- Fix closed questions by selected answer not displayed as closed
- Fix tag background color in Classic theme
- Fix 'no permissions' message in WYSIWYG editor upload
- Fix errors in structured data
- Add ^site_url parameter to email notifications
- Fix event logger issue with Unicode characters
- Fix searching/indexing in Thai language
- Add confirmation for email unsubscribe
- Fix plugin version comparison (when plugin version is later than official release)
- Fix Q2A version comparison (for pre-release versions e.g. 1.8.0-beta vs 1.8.0)
- Fix Ubuntu font in SnowFlat theme on Windows
Issues fixed since beta2:
- Fix missing function
qa_get_gravatar_urlwhen using Wordpress integration.
- Added total unanswered questions to Admin > Stats.
- Fix MySQL query errors when using SQL mode
Main features in Q2A 1.8:
- Significant performance improvements
- Caching system
- Comment voting
- Enable/disable plugins
- Joomla integration
- Schema.org microdata
And many more! Full changelog here
Second beta of next major version. Changelog since beta1:
- Fixed errors with output buffering and gzip compression.
- Fixed non-ANSI group-by queries in MySQL 5.7.
- Fixed notices on PHP 7.2.
- Fixed points recalculation when converting answers to comments.
- Added generic
.qa-post-contentclass to replace old
.entry-contentwhich was removed.
- Fixed non-unique cache keys.
- Reworked file cache to securely allow cache inside web root.
- Fixed issue with PHPMailer's autoloader on PHP 7.2.
- Removed (non-functional) clipboard from CKEditor.
Important security fix and other minor improvements:
- Security fix - prevent creation of multiple users during installation.
- Use site language for reCAPTCHA.
- Add site language to HTML tag.
- Change from / reply-to for feedback form.
- Fix missing icon on private messages in SnowFlat theme.
- Fix users being unable to see all their own profile fields.
- Minor fixes to post validation.