The following changes are a delta of version 188.8.131.52 and therefore may include changes announced in 6.0.0 prereleases.
Version 6.0.0 adds support for out-of-order (O3) record ingestion on-the-fly, and as a result, does not enforce that records appear at QuestDB in strict chronological order. O3 support adds flexibility and efficiency of use to the system and provides compatibility with the Time Series Benchmark Suite (TSBS) which is used to reliably measure and compare the performance of time series databases. Also included with this version is a a massive internal revision of InfluxDB Line Protocol (ILP) ingestion which brings significant performance improvements, alongside multiple UI fixes for the Web Console and SQL features.
What is new
- Arch: ARM64 and Apple Silicon (M1) support (#878)
- O3 support for ingestion of records which are out-of-order (O3) by timestamp (#926)
fileNameparameter can be specified for the
/expendpoint for CSV exports (#830)
- PG wire: PostgreSQL JDBC driver now supports
- UI: UI improvements for results with only one column (#897)
- UI: Notification element does not obscure returned rows (#896)
- O3: stable sort, reuse memory during sort (#987)
- O3: move o3SortVarColumn0 to C++ (#984)
What we fixed
- PG wire: fixed server "hang" when clients are slow to read data (#954)
- SQL: implicit handling of scientific notation for floating-point literals (ex: .
LIMIT -1returns last row as expected (#831)
- SQL: Epoch timestamps supported in CSV imports (#876)
- SQL: Behavior of
ORDER BYquery returns correct values on non-cached
- SQL: Column names allow minus
_for compatibility with InfluxDB Line Protocol messages (#859)
- SQL: latest by query could return data in incorrect timestamp order (#986)
- ILP: logging of errno and replaced catch(CairoException) with catch(Throwable) (#983)
- O3: fixed fairness issue in ILP (#981)
JDK versions for embedded applications
Users who wish to run QuestDB 6.0 in an embedded capacity in a Maven project may choose between JDK versions.
<dependency> <groupId>org.questdb</groupId> <artifactId>questdb</artifactId> <version>6.0.0</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>org.questdb</groupId> <artifactId>questdb-jdk8</artifactId> <version>6.0.0</version> </dependency>