Site and download links: https://ra4king.github.io/CircuitSim
Basic circuit simulator with many built-in components. Check out
for examples of how Components are written. Their GUI counterparts are in
The gradle script produces a multi-release jar to resolve incompatibilities between JavaFX 8 and 9, so you need to install both Java 8 and Java 9 to build. For example:
$ export JAVA_8_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/ $ export JAVA_9_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-9-openjdk-amd64/ $ ./gradlew jar
- Revamp ROM/RAM component look: now showing the current address and value
- Revamp ROM/RAM memory editor: no need to double click to start typing, no need to hit enter to commit, full multi-cell copy/paste support
- Huge improvement and bug-fixes to wire behavior when moving components and with undo/redo
- Add RandomGenerator component
- Add copy/cut/paste to context menu in circuit editor
- Display missing label names in certain components
- Add All Files option in Load File dialog
- Fixed bug with gates where downsizing the number of inputs kept the extra Negate options
- Fix several bugs with wire creation when dragging components
- Give an option to send an error report upon unexpected errors
- Minor bug fixes
- Fix blue wire issues with Tunnels and subcircuits
- Highlight wires when clicking on them
- Ctrl+scroll now zooms in/out
- Right clicking when placing components or dragging wires cancels the action
- Fix bug with intersecting wires being auto-joined on drag
- Improved error handling
- Add Probe component, which lets you observe values on wires without resorting to output pins
- Improve behavior multi-component selection when holding down control by disabling drag-less wire creation when control is held down
- Copy doesn't do anything when nothing is selected instead of emptying the clipboard
- Other minor bugs fixed
- Squashed tunnel bugs: now short-circuits should propagate properly across them and tunnels should work properly
- Added comparison type to Comparator: now you can do both 2's complement and unsigned comparison
- Draw magnifying glass to subcircuit components when hovering over them to indicate ability to view internal state
- Officially making a file format change supporting library paths
- Other minor bugs fixed
- Big thanks to Cem Gokmen for helping with the Mac issues and Austin Adams for gradle-ifying the repo!
- Now supporting both Java 8 and 9 - thanks to Austin Adams for figuring out how to create a multi-release Jar.
- Huge rendering performance improvements, especially for Mac
- Fixed keyboard shortcut issue on Mac
- Use system menu bar on Mac instead of the in-app bar
- Added an update checker that notifies you when there is a new version
- Fixed a bug with subcircuits where it pushed values through output pins, causing seemingly un-explainable short circuits.
- Improved behavior of tab selection when moving them or deleting them, especially with undo/redo
- Many minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed exceptions being thrown when using Tunnels
- Now you don't have hit enter to update a text or value property, someone complained that it was annoying. The component is automatically updated when you unfocus from the text input.
- Multi-bit wires with a floating bit (X) now show up as dark blue instead of black
- Button now has directions
- Improved behavior when dragging components to also delete wires whenever they overlap existing ones
- Huge performance increases with subcircuits and tunnels. Bad designs will still be very slow to run the autograder in.
- Now showing Help dialog on first run.
- Added creation of new wires when dragging components. This allows maintaining existing connections when dragging components to new locations.
- Hold CTRL before beginning the drag to disable this.
- Fixed file load issue where an error was thrown if the folder doesn't exist anymore.
- Fixed issues with dragging + keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed an undo bug when updating components