Trading with Python Webinar Series
This repository contains supported files and code examples used on my futures.io webinars series on Trading with Python.
Webinars in this Series:
- Prototyping Trading Strategies - [ jupyter notebook | webinar recording ]
- Backtesting & Optimization - [ jupyter notebook | webinar recording ]
- Live Trading - [ jupyter notebook | webinar recording ]
- Using Machine Learning in Trading (TBA)
* The recordings of the webinars can be found this futures.io YouTube playlist.
All the code listed in the notebooks is compatible with Python 3.4+ and relies on Python's scientific stack (Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, etc). The simplest way to get Python 3 installed on your mahcine, is to install Continuum's Anaconda, which comes pre-loaded with 99% of what you need.
Once you have anaconda installed, I recommend installing a few more libraries, in order to be able to run the code in the notebooks:
- pandas-datareader - to quickly fetch financial data
- fix-yahoo-finance - fixes Yahoo! finance historical data retreival
- seaborn - for nicer (and more complex) plots in less code
Install these libraries by opening your terminal (or cmd.exe in windows) and running the following commands:
$ pip install pandas-datareader $ pip install fix-yahoo-finance $ pip install seaborn
If you find these webinars helpful, please share a link to this page on favorite social site or forum.
Good luck with your trading,