Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Updated memory locations, packet IDs, and resource files to support FFXIV patch 4.4.
Note that due to the network packet ID changes, you will be prompted to restart ACT for the changes to take effect if you use the automated ACT plugin update process.
- Bug fix for the Buff duration 9999 problem. This was introduced by an earlier bug fix to resolve localization issues
- Updated zone, buff, and ability lists for patch 4.31
Fixed a problem with network packet parsing that delayed some procs from being logged by up to two seconds, and missed a handful of boss buffs/debuffs.
Added 1F (gauge) data dump back to the log. It isnt used by the plugin, but might be helpful if someone else wants to decode it.
Added messaging if an older version of the Machina library is detected in game memory. Since many patch issues require changes to Machina.FFXIV, but the DLL cannot be re-loaded into game memory, the message will instruct you to restart ACT.
- Updates to support FFXIV Patch 4.3
- Localization fixes to make log files more region-independent
- Fix for Wildfire occasionally not being attributed to any player due to debuff not expiring from active list
NOTICE: This update will require restarting ACT due to some internal changes in the network capture library (Machina).
Modified network capture library in a couple of significant ways:
- Async network methods are used instead of a single polling thread. This reduces the chance of network buffers getting filled when under high traffic
- Added a buffer factory class to separate network processing from writing to the log file queue. This reduces the number of memory copies between network polling events, further reducing the chance for network data getting lost.
- Added a BETA option for high-performance network filtering, where the game's server IP is used by the socket/winpcap layer to filter traffic before it even is received by the plugin. This has been tested against hundreds of mbps of traffic with no data loss. It is left as BETA for now, but will likely become the default in a few weeks.
Improved thread cleanup to reduce erorrs when settings changes restart plugin threads.
(Alpha) added a Data Subscription feature to expose some ACT data to other plugin authors. Note that this is very early in development and will likely change, so be prepared for it to break
Removed LogAllMemoryData feature since memory-only mode will eventually be removed. It should not be used.
- Updated abilities, buffs, and zone names to patch 4.25
- Modified Plugin Settings tab:
- Removed Memory delay feature - Memory-only mode should not be used except as a last resort because it is not accurate.
- Combined the network checkboxes into a Parse Mode list. Please be sure to switch the parse mode to WinPCap network if needed.
- Left a little blank space for some new features in the future, when they are ready.
- Added a new packet type to the log file - 33 - which may help with detecting combat begin / end notifications
- Added new columns "DoTAmtLowByte", "DoTCritLowByte" for theorycrafters on simulated DoT ticks and also on DoT debuffs when they land
- Minor fix to prevent turret deaths from being counted against the MCH when using non-english FFXIV language*
- Fix for large damage amounts - the previous method for extracting the damage amount when it was above 65535 damage was incorrect
- Changed network code to hopefully prevent the log file from growing exceptionally large when a packet decompression error occurs
It has come to my attention that the source code of this plugin was posted to a public website. This plugin is provided for free, and is not obfuscated to allow people to make sure it is safe. I would like to continue to keep it that way. I hope that the community will contact the user who did this and ask them to remove it immediately.
- Fixed high damage flag processing so limit break and other damage amounts above 65k are correct.
- Fixed dx9 target/target-of-target overlays
- Incorporates v2.0.1 fixes in the Machina library - this includes properly identifying when the game process restarts and picking up the new process ID, and similarly detecting when the TCP/IP connections all drop from the game and properly picking them up again
- Fixed old mistake - DoT crit multiplier is now 1.4x not 1.5x. There will soon be additional DoT simulation fixes to introduce DH.
- Fixed potential error message when recording target HPs in the ACT encounter for triggers.
Additional minor improvements:
- Removed a filter in the network code for port 443, that was intended to speed up performance by ignoring unnecessary SSL data. In fact, this broke BattlePing and probably some other VPNs that use port 443 for their traffic.
- Increased the delay between scans for the game process when no game was detected from 100ms to 1000ms. This should decrease CPU usage when the game is not running.
- Modified the Machina.FFXIV magic number detection to be more resilient to non-FFXIV game streams (due to the removal of the port 443 restriction)