WiirtualBoy v0.1 release README
Ported by raz0red and Arikado
WiirtualBoy is a Wii port of the Mednafen Virtual Boy Emulator [http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/].
To install WiirtualBoy, simply extract the zip file directly to your SD card or USB device (retain the hierarchical structure exactly).
Cartridge images must be placed in the roms directory (/wiivb/roms).
- Colors are not 100% accurate in 3D display modes (2D modes are accurate).
- Sound may not be 100% accurate
- Due to the current emulation speed, several games require frame skipping to run at full speed (see cartridge compatibility).
- Frame skipping may cause graphical corruption. Some games do not run at full speed as adding frame skipping causes too much corruption (see cartridge compatibility).
WiirtualBoy ships with a database that contains recommended settings for most commercial cartridges. These settings cover control mappings, display settings including frame skipping, etc.
To view/edit the settings applied for a particular cartridge perform the following steps:
- Load the cartridge (via the "Load cartridge" menu item)
- Return to the WiirtualBoy menu
- Select the "Cartridge settings (current cartridge)" menu item
- Examine the "Control" and "Display" settings for the cartridge
The WiirtualBoy Cartridge Compatibility page lists each game that has been tested along with its associated hash values (one for the full file, one that excludes the header information).
Enable the "Debug mode" option within the "Advanced" menu to view the hash (excluding header information) when a cartridge is playing.
The following section contains the "default" control mappings for WiirtualBoy.
It is important to note that if the cartridge that is being loaded exists in the Cartridge Database it may contain non-default mappings.
Wiimote: Left/Right : Scroll (if sideways orientation) Up/Down : Scroll (if upright orientation) A/2 : Select B/1 : Back Home : Exit to Homebrew Channel Power : Power off Classic controller/Pro: Up/Down : Scroll A : Select B : Back Home : Exit to Homebrew Channel Nunchuk controller: Up/Down : Scroll C : Select Z : Back GameCube controller: Up/Down : Scroll A : Select B : Back Z : Exit to Homebrew Channel
Wiimote: D-pad : Left control pad 2 : A button 1 : B button A : R button B : L button + : Start - : Select Home : Display WiirtualBoy menu (see above) Wiimote + Nunchuk: D-pad : Right control pad Analog : Left control pad A : A button B : R button C : B button Z : L button + : Start - : Select Home : Display WiirtualBoy menu (see above) Classic controller/Pro: D-pad : Left control pad Left analog : Left control pad Right analog : Right control pad A : A button B : B button R/zR : R button L/zL : L button + : Start - : Select Home : Display WiirtualBoy menu (see above) GameCube controller: D-pad : Left control pad Left analog : Left control pad Right analog : Right control pad A : A button B : B button R : R button L : L button Start : Start X/Y : Select Z : Display WiirtualBoy menu (see above)
WiirtualBoy crashes, code dumps, etc.
If you are having issues with WiirtualBoy, please let us know about it via one of the following locations:
- Tantric : Menu example code and SDL enhancements
- Mednafen team : Providing an incredible emulator along with valuable insights and suggestions during the port.
- Initial public release
- Improved sound quality
- Left and right sound channels are now correct
- Several minor bug fixes
- Minor performance improvements