Clone this wiki locally
In general PEP-8 import ordering should be used. However there are a few additions.
- Imports should be grouped in the following order:
- standard library imports
- related third party imports
- reddit modules
- No relative imports: All imports should have fully qualified package names.
- for each imported group the order of imports should be:
import <package>.<module>style lines in alphabetical order
from <package>.<module> import <symbol>style in alphabetical order
Importing multiple symbols
from <module> import <multiple>
- Only one
fromline per module is permitted
- If there are too many symbols for a single line of < 80 characters then the import should be indented as shown below.
- The symbols should be sorted alphabetically.
It should look as follows:
from foo import ( ALL_USERS, Bar, Baz, Foo, lookup_all, lookup_foo, OTHER_THING, )
- This should only be used if there are 10 or fewer symbols to import. Otherwise consider using an
import <module> as <alias>and prefixing all symbols from that module with the appropriate alias.