Discord Bot Greeter
This is a simple code example on how to start your own Discord bot.
If you just have stumbled to the Git repo directly and no idea how this is being setup, please read my full guide here.
- Basic knowledge on using your terminal (mac/linux) or command line (windows)
- Installed Node JS installed. (v8.0.0 or above)
- You must have code editor installed (eg: VS Code)
- And a Discord account and desktop client (obviously…)
- Open your terminal and navigate to the root folder of the project
- Install pre-requisites by doing
npm installin the terminal
- Generate your access token via Discord App Developers portal.
- In the project folder, duplicate the
.env.tpland rename it to
.envthen open it and add the generated token (from previous step) value there
Starting the bot
Simply run the command
Please go to the issues tab and create a ticket from there. I'll try to help you as much as I can.
PLEASE before you ask, try to re-read the documentation/article if maybe you just have skipped something, then that's the time you ask.