What is it
The app demos the following functionality:
- Creating a new snippet (code highlighting included)
- Retrieving a snippet
- Listing snippets for a language
The app could be easily extended to provide more interesting features like:
- snippet expiration
Fork it and send us a pull request.
git clone git://github.com/rethinkdb/rethinkdb-example-sinatra-pastie.git cd rethinkdb-example-sinatra-pastie bundle
Note: If you don't have RethinkDB installed, you can follow these instructions to get it up and running.
Running the application
Running a Sinatra app is as easy as:
- This sample app was inspired by Nick Plante's toopaste project.
- The snippets of code used for syntax highlighting are from Ryan Tomayko's rocco.rb project.
- Code highlighting in snippets is done using Pygments or the Pygments web service
- The Solarized dark Pygments stylesheet was created by Zameer Manji
This demo application is licensed under the MIT license: http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php