Table of Contents
PDFKeeper is free, open source software that provides a storage and management solution for PDF documents.
User Interface in version 8.0.0 and higher.
- Store and manage PDF documents in a single-user or compatible, multi-user (on-prem or cloud) database where they’re indexed to provide full-text search functionality.
- Upload PDF documents individually or in bulk. In addition, Upload Profile folders can be setup to allow for integration and automation.
- Apply a category/tax year to selected documents and when PDF documents are uploaded.
- Set the flag state on a selected document and when PDF documents are uploaded to mark for follow-up.
- Add notes to a selected document that can include the date, time, and user account name. All notes can be edited and are indexed by the database.
- Find documents by Search Term, Selections (Author/Subject/Category/Tax Year), or Date Added. In addition, flagged documents or all documents can be listed.
- With PDFKeeper, the following functions can be performed on a selected document: PDF viewing with the bundled or default viewer; PDF bursting; flag document state management; notes viewing and editing; keywords, PDF preview, PDF text, and search term snippets (when applicable) are also displayed for viewing.
- Export selected PDF documents with their category, tax year, notes, and flag state from the database for easy importing.
These features are available in version 8.0.0 and higher.
Full release history is available in the Changelog.
- Client prerequisites and compatible Database Management Systems are listed on the release page.
- Download and install the latest version of PDFKeeper from here or install using Windows Package Manager (winget install pdfkeeper).
- PDFKeeper is installed per-user.
- Database setup instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
Build Instructions for version 9.0.0 is available here.
Build Instructions for version 8.x.x is available here.
Build Instructions for version 7.x.x is available here.
PDFKeeper is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 3.
Robert F. Frasca - Project Owner and Maintainer