Open Source PDF Document Storage Solution
PDFKeeper integrates with a compatible, relational database management system to provide an upload, index, and search solution for PDF documents.
- PDF documents are stored and indexed in a compatible, relational database where they can be searched by String, Author, Subject, Author and Subject, Date Added, and by querying all documents.
- PDF documents can be uploaded individually or in bulk, with or without using configured Upload folders.
- Document record functions include, PDF document viewing with the bundled or default viewer, Notes editing, Keywords viewing, PDF document Preview image viewing, and viewing of Text extracted from the PDF document.
- Notes can be added to document records, including a Date and Time stamp that includes the database user account name. All Notes can be edited and are indexed by the database, making the text searchable. Notes can be saved to a text file, printed, and can be uploaded with a name matching PDF document.
- Text extracted from the PDF document can be printed and saved to a text file.
- PDF documents and their Notes can be exported from the database.
These features are available in version 4.0.0 and above.
Client Requirements and Compatible Database Management Systems
Listed on the release page for each available version.
Download the latest version here.
Building from Source
Build Instructions for version 4.x.x are available here.
Please send all feedback, comments, suggestions, and testimonials here.