Copyright (c) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Ricardo Gladwell, Hugo Josefson, Anthony Dannane, Mykola Nikishov, Raphael Ackermann, Csaba Kozák, and Sonatype Inc.. All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License 1.0 which accompanies this distribution
Android for Maven Eclipse (m2e-android) adds Maven support to the Android Developer Tools (ADT). This is developer documentation, for user instructions on how to install please see the project web site.
Lead Maintainer: Ricardo Gladwell
Special thanks to our patrons who crowdfunded project development through Patreon:
- Raphael Ackermann
- George Baker.
- Weizhi Yao.
- Stephen Buergler.
Before you start you need to:
- Install the Android SDK.
ANDROID_HOMEenvironment variable containing the Android SDK install path.
- Ensure you have updated the Android SDK (execute
android update sdk --no-ui --obsolete --force).
- Install the latest Maven 3 for command line Tycho support.
- Install the Maven Android SDK Deployer.
To build execute the following command from the project folder:
$ mvn install
To configure your development environment please follow these steps:
This project consists of several sub-modules, including:
- Parent POM.
- Core Eclipse plugin.
- Test suite.
- Eclipse feature.
- Various target definitions.
- and the update site.
To clone them into your Eclipse workspace follow these steps:
- Clone this git repository into your local workspace.
- In Eclipse select File -> Import... in the menu and then select Maven -> Existing Maven Projects.
- Select the
m2e-androidfolder you just cloned and select the parent and some of the sub-projects (excluding the targets i.e.
mars, etc., but including the
- Click Finish.
- This should install some additional m2e extensions if not already installed
- Restart Eclipse when prompted.
- In Preferences -> Plug-In Development -> Target Platform choose
Maven for Android Eclipseand click OK. It may take some time to downloads the dependencies required to compile m2e-android.
For more information on developing the m2e-android plug-in please see the following: