This repo contains all the scripts necessary to build an interactive web dashboard for a groundwater observatory in the open source language R.
As an example, please see the Cosumnes River Groundwater Observatory, a project of UC Water.
clean folder contains scripts that are automatically run every day at 04:00:00. Together these scripts:
- retrieve data from Solinst hardware
- clean and transform the data (i.e. - adjust for reference elevation, baromaetric pressure)
- generate a report of remaining battery life and recent monitoring well data and email that report to a contact list
- push a clean version of the database to the cloud
- save versions of the database every 7 days to the cloud
dashboard folder contains (among other files), the three files comprising an R Shiny App:
Together, these files build the app.
On shiny server, the app files are located at
Repurposing this code
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If you aim to set of a monitoring well network of your own, this software is free to use for commercial and non-commercial purposes. Please reference this work in your derivative products.
You will need a skilled R programmer familiar with Shiny to integrate your hardware with this software.
On that note, the
log.md file in the main directory is a daily log of activities during the process of building the app and contains valuable insights for those following in these footsteps.