Build a basic Vagrant box set for Java development with Jdk, Postgres and Maven installed via puppet.
This is intended as a base off which to add specific customisation; fork and adapt or use as is.
All as git submodules unless otherwise stated. Also not listing dependancies, only major modules.
- If you haven't already, go over to http://www.vagrantup.com/ and follow the installation instructions
- Add the box
vagrant box add precise64 http://files.vagrantup.com/precise64.box
- Clone this repo
git clone https://github.com/rob-murray/vagrant-javadev-box.git
- Init the submodules
git submodule update --init
- All done;
vagrant upand box will be provisioned
Feel free to fork and customise further or use as is.
project is sync'd to
/vagrant so place your code in there and hack away.
Ports 8080 and 5432 are mapped to their respective ports on the VM.
Jump onto the VM by
Test it out with
mvn -v or
psql -h localhost -U postgres.
You may want to edit Postgres config in the
- Update Maven to 3.2.5
- Automatically download the Maven binary
- Update Postgres to 9.3
- Update Maven to 3.2.3
- Rename host project directory to
- Update Postgres to 9.2
- Update Maven to 3.1.1
- Update Vagrant version 2 config.
- Add Postgres, Jdk and Maven.
- Initial commit with Vagrant version 1 config.
Please use the GitHub pull-request mechanism to submit contributions.
This project is available for use under the MIT software license. See LICENSE