Convert a video file to animated humanIK skeletons for maya.
Click for video
git clone https://github.com/robertjoosten/video2mocap.git
In order for this tool to work a couple of 3rd party application will have to be installed. To make this an easy process bat files are located in the 3rdparty directory and can be used to download/extract and install the necessary applications.
- Download and extract FFmpeg ( 20180630-9f0077c ).
- Download and extract OpenPose ( 1.3.0 ).
- Download models for OpenPose
Run 3rdparty/getHMR.bat ( Requires python3 + pip3 accessible in PATH )
- Pull the latest custom fork of the HMR repository.
- Download models for HMR
- Pip install requirements.txt
From the command line:
cd video2mocap/ python video2mocap.py --video_path <VIDEO> --output_dir <OUTPUT>
--video_path: Path to video
--output_dir: Directory to output the maya files too
--keep_temp: Keep temp files for debugging ( False by default )
--mayapy_exe: Overwrite mayapy.exe ( Default requires accessible in PATH )
--python2_exe: Overwrite python.exe ( Default requires accessible in PATH )
--python3_exe: Overwrite python3.exe ( Default requires accessible in PATH )
The exe files can be overwritten in case the python interpreters are not accessible through the PATH variable and a relative path cannot be provided.
- No camera tracking ( static camera advised )
- No partial body ( full body in view each frame advised )
- Limited depth adjustment
As loads of things are running in process it is quite simple for something to go wrong. For this reason a log file is implemented that gets saved into the output_dir. If the desired result is unexpected these logs can be investigated to find out what and where something went wrong.
Keypoint matching example:
2018/07/05/ 12:31:40 | INFO | ---- Match Keypoints Over Multiple Frames ---- 2018/07/05/ 12:31:40 | DEBUG | New Person: Frame 276 2018/07/05/ 12:31:40 | DEBUG | Omit Person: Presence Percentage 0.01
HMR ( custom fork )
- Version v1.3.0.
- Link: https://github.com/CMU-Perceptual-Computing-Lab/openpose/releases
- Version 20180630-9f0077c.
- Link: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
- Version 18.05.
- Link: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
- Version wget-1.19.1-win64.
- Link: https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/