Kubernetes Hands-on Workshop
Welcome to the Kubernetes Hands-on workshop.
Get Docker Desktop running on your machine in Kubernetes mode.
Teach you the skills to leverage Docker and Kubernetes in your environment today.
Why are we learning Docker too? The Kubernetes story begins with "so you've got a Docker container ...". Docker is how we build the images; Kubernetes is how we run these containers at scale.
Because Docker leverages the OS's virtualization technologies, the install requirements for Docker are very specific. Ensure you exactly meet these specs to get the most from our time today:
- 2010 or newer model with Intel's MMU virtualization
- OS X 10.15 or newer
- 64-bit Windows
- Windows 10 version 2004 or better
- Access to your machine's BIOS to turn on virtualization
- Administrator access to run Docker Desktop and a console as Admin
- 64-bit Linux these versions or better: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 7.7, CentOS 7, or Fedora 24 or better
If you find the guy in the front of the room particularly boring, jump into these resources: