Kubernetes Hands-on Workshop
Welcome to the Kubernetes Hands-on workshop.
Get Docker community edition running on your machine in Kubernetes mode.
Teach you the skills to leverage Docker and Kubernetes in your environment today.
Why are we learning Docker too? The Kubernetes story begins with "so you've got a Docker container ...". Docker is how we build the images; Kubernetes is how we run these containers at scale.
Because Docker leverages the OS's virtualization technologies, the install requirements for Docker are very specific. Ensure you exactly meet these specs to get the most from our time today:
- 2010 or newer model with Intel's MMU virtualization
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 or newer
- 64-bit Windows
- Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education (not Home, not Windows 7 or 8) to install Hyper-V
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update or better
- Access to your machine's BIOS to turn on virtualization
- 64-bit Linux these versions or better: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 7.7, CentOS 7, or Fedora 24
If you find the guy in the front of the room particularly boring, jump into these resources: