Podcast Player Channel
Fully working podcast player channel - accepts an MRSS feed and parses artwork and playlist.
This sample channel can be used to as an example audio player. It demonstrates how to make create a Roku channel that retrieves audio from RSS feeds and implements it as a working Podcast Channel.
How to run this sample
- Have your podcast MRSS URL ready simple feed finder tool
- Download the podcast player channel from our Github account github.com/rokudev
- In line 6 on the config.brs file, swap out the URL for your podcast stream
- Replace all artwork in the images directory with your podcast branding.
- Select all the files and folders and .zip up the package (no containing folder needed)
- Load the application onto your Roku read the developer setup guide
- Showcases an Audio Player UI built in SceneGraph
- Includes example usage of a custom LabelList and a custom playbar
- Uses custom Playbar located at the bottom of the screen
- Demonstrates how to use observer functions to track changing content in a channel
- Demonstrates how to parse a RSS feed and load all data into content nodes
- Demonstrates how to create custom components and wrappers
- Components: SceneGraph Components
MyLabelListCustom wrapper class for LabelList to override specific functions. Displays all Podcast Episodes
PodcastScene.xmlCreates all SceneGraph nodes displayed in the UI
PodcastScene.brsThis is the back-end for UI. Tracks and monitors Audio playback, manipulates animations, creates functions for audio controls, changes audio content for current audio, etc.
- Images: Contains image assets used in the channel
- Source: Contains Main method, RSS Parse method, and Config file.
- Main: Creates Screen to display UI when channel starts and declares all global information in the app.
- RSS Parse: This is a method that takes a RSS feed and parses all the content into content nodes that will be passed to the SceneGraph components
- Config: This is a file that declares information that can be edited by any developer to change the color of text or change the audio content to grab from a different RSS feed.
- Event: Upon starting the channel, the RSS feed is parsed and all content is passed to the SceneGraph nodes.
- Event: The content is loaded into the custom LabelList and all channel artwork is created.
- User: The user is presented with a UI with a LabelList that can be scrolled through to play any of the podcast content.
- Event: Upon choosing an episode in the LabelList the content is played and the audio begins to start.
- User: The user can use the trickplay functions on the controller to skip, pause, or rewind audio.