There are some particular nuances around certain forum events and notifications that might be confusing to users. These include the following.
- Some events, such as post deletion, do not indicate who took the action (user or moderator)
- If a particular topic or post is not publically visible when an event occurs on it, no Discord notification will be generated.
- If a moderate locks or unlocks multiple topics in a single transaction, no Discord notification will be generated (unlike notifications for a single topic that changed)
- Post previews can be messy due to the HTML/BBcode formatting that Discord does not interpret.
- Some notifications may never arrive if your forums generate a short burst of activity (more than 5 notifications within a 5 second period result in dropped messages).
- User creation notifications are a bit complicated. If a board instantly activates users upon account creation, a notification will be sent. User create notifications are always sent when an inactive user account is active (the message assumes its a new account, although this may not always be the case).