[Security Update] Roundcube Webmail 1.3.11
This is a service and security update to the LTS version 1.3 of Roundcube Webmail.
It contains four fixes for recently reported security vulnerabilities as well a
small number of general improvements backported from the latest stable version.
See the full changelog below.
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) via malicious HTML content
- CSRF attack can cause an authenticated user to be logged out
- Remote code execution via crafted config options
- Path traversal vulnerability allowing local file inclusion via crafted 'plugins' option
The latter two vulnerabilities are classified minor because they only affect Roundcube installations
with public access to the Roundcube installer. That's generally a high-risk situation and is expected
to be rare or practically non-existent in productive Roundcube deployments. However, the fixes are done
in core in order to also prevent from future and yet unknown attack vectors.
This version in considered stable and we recommend to update all productive installations
of Roundcube 1.3.x with it. Please do backup your data before updating!
- Enigma: Fix compatibility with
- Fix permissions on some folders created by
- Fix bug where inline images could have been ignored if
Content-Idheader contained redundant spaces (#6980)
- Fix PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant
- Fix PHP warning: "array_merge(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in sendmail.inc (#7003)
- Security: Fix XSS issue in handling of CDATA in HTML messages
- Security: Fix remote code execution via crafted 'im_convert_path' or 'im_identify_path' settings
- Security: Fix local file inclusion (and code execution) via crafted 'plugins' option
- Security: Fix CSRF bypass that could be used to log out an authenticated user (#7302)