Distill for R Markdown
Distill for R Markdown is a web publishing format optimized for scientific and technical communication. Distill articles include:
- Reader-friendly typography that adapts well to mobile devices.
- Features essential to technical writing like LaTeX math, citations, and footnotes.
- Flexible figure layout options (e.g. displaying figures at a larger width than the article text).
- Attractively rendered tables with optional support for pagination.
- Support for a wide variety of diagramming tools for illustrating concepts.
- A variety of ways to publish articles, including support for publishing collections or articles as a Distill website.
Distill for R Markdown is based on the Distill web framework, which was originally created for use in the Distill Machine Learning Journal. Distill for R Markdown combines the technical authoring features of Distill with R Markdown, enabling a fully reproducible workflow based on literate programming.
You can install distill from CRAN with:
Learn more about using Distill at https://rstudio.github.io/distill.