Freeplay Theme for EmulationStation
- June 14, 2018 - Add option to show metadata on Video view instead of marquee
- June 1, 2018 - Initial Release
Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
Recommended EmulationStation UI Settings
- Carousel Transitions: ON
- Transition Style: Instant
- Gamelist View Style: Automatic
Recommended Installation Method
- The easiest install method is using the es-themes menu in Retropie
- It can also be manually installed/updated using the commands below
- You can use a utility to install a separate version of the theme for each of the twelve possible color variants. See https://github.com/rxbrad/rxbrad_themeutils for details.
NEW INSTALL (Manual Method):
sudo git clone --recursive --depth 1 "https://github.com/rxbrad/es-theme-freeplay.git" "/etc/emulationstation/themes/freeplay"
UPDATE EXISTING INSTALL (Manual Method):
cd "/etc/emulationstation/themes/freeplay" sudo git reset --hard sudo git pull sudo git submodule update --init --recursive
Changing Theme Color
There are 12 different color variants for this theme. The color can be changed by editing the color.xml file, and uncommenting the line for the desired color (make sure that only one line is uncommented).
For a Raspberry Pi RetroPie install, the color can be edited with the following command:
sudo nano /etc/emulationstation/themes/freeplay/color.xml
I've also created a script that can be used to automatically install/update all 12 color variants at once (this is done outside of the ESThemes utility). Check it out at https://github.com/rxbrad/rxbrad_themeutils
Additional Configurable Options
- You can replace the marquee on the Video view with metadata by editing the theme.xml file and changing metadata_none.xml to metadata_basic.xml