- esm: semantic-release is now ESM-only. since it is used through its own executable, the impact on consuming projects should be minimal
- esm: references to plugin files in configs need to include the file extension because of executing in an ESM context
- node-versions: node v18 is now the minimum required version of node. this is in line with our node support policy. please see our recommendations for releasing with a different node version than your project normally uses, if necessary.
- esm: convert to esm (#2569) (9eab1ad), closes #2543
- node-versions: raised the minimum required node version to v18 (#2620) (8a0d8be)