This enables you to reverse Java source code on Github, Bitbucket, Google Project Hosting and other repository services into UML Class Diagram just by drag and drop the URL to Astah, also you can drag and drop .java files directly to Astah to do the same to instantly make the source code visible.
Astah Professional, Astah UML (6.6.4 or later)
- Drag and drop URL/Link of source code on Repository to Astah to create UML Class Diagram
- Drag and drop .java files in local workplace to Astah to create UML Class Diagram
This Plug-in does not currently support to
- analyze annotations
- create Associations in Class Diagram
How to install
- Download the Easy Code Reverse Plug-in (.jar file) from here.
- Run Astah and go to [Help] - [Plugin List] menu and click [Install] button.
- Select the .jar file and restart Astah.
- Deploy the easycodereverse-dict.json file in
How to work
Drag & drop .java files from local workplace or URL/Link of Java source code on repository directly to Astah. Astah generates UML Class diagrams with them.
How to build
- Install the Astah Plug-in SDK - http://astah.net/features/sdk
git clone git://github.com/ChangeVision/astah-easycodereverse-plugin.git
URL used in Demo Movie
Google Project Hosting:
easycodereverse-dict.json is used to convert the URL to extract only the source code from the repository to Astah. By customizing this file, you will be able to reverse source code on Redmine or SourceForge.
While you have the Easy Code Reverse Plug-in on, every time you drag and drop any files into Class Diagram, a dialog appears to ask if you want to analyze the source code even though the file you are dropping is not .java.
Copyright 2012 Change Vision, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.