Node-RED nodes for Pimoroni Automation HAT/pHAT
- Automation HAT:
- Output Node: Sinking Outputs, Relays, Lights
- Input Node: Buffered Inputs (binary), 12-bit ADC @ 0-24V (±2% accuracy) Inputs (ADC1-3 only)
- ADC4: 12-bit ADC @ 0-3.3V
- Other Pins exposed only break out section: SPI, TX (#14), RX (#15), #25 pins
- Controlling individual indicator lights on each input/output beyond the auto_lights capability.
Check out my blog post for this new Node Package for some background and examples.
Where to buy
Dependency - Node and Node-Red
Details of how to install Node and Node-Red needed for this project on Raspberry Pi can be found here. The script at the top of the page ensures you have the latest supported versions ready for this project.
Dependency - Automation HAT Python Library
First you'll need the Python dependencies for Automation HAT, you can install these with our one-line installer, as per these instructions
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/automationhat | bash
Automation HAT Node-RED
Installation via NPM
npm install node-red-contrib-automation-hat
Installation from latest source on GitHub
To install this node you should:
Change to your users node-red nodes directory:
Note: older node installation may use the location:
Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/shortbloke/node-red-contrib-automation-hat
Start Node-Red and you should see the new Automation HAT nodes within the Raspberry Pi section.
In no particular order:
- Consider splitting input and outputs types into separate node files
- Add support for controlling light brightness via
- Add support for controlling each individual indicator light for each input and output
This project is based on the ExplorerHAT node implementation published by Pimoroni