Node-RED nodes for Pimoroni Automation HAT/pHAT
- Automation HAT:
- Output Node:
- Sinking Outputs
- Relays (1-3 on HAT and 1 only on pHAT)
- Lights (not on pHAT)
- Input Node (triggered based on change in input):
- Buffered Inputs (binary)
- Analog ADC 1-3 - 12-bit ADC @ 0-25.85V (±2% accuracy)
- Analog ADC 4 - 12-bit ADC @ 0-3.3V (not on pHAT)
- Reader Node:
- On demand reading of input nodes
- Output Node:
- Other Pins exposed only break out section: SPI, TX (#14), RX (#15), #25 pins
- Controlling individual indicator lights on each input/output beyond the auto_lights capability.
More information and examples of using this node can be found in my blog post www.martinrowan.co.uk. Hopefully this will provide some inspiration.
Where to buy
Dependency - Node and Node-Red
Details of how to install Node and Node-Red needed for this project on Raspberry Pi can be found here. The script at the top of the page ensures you have the latest supported versions ready for this project.
Dependency - Automation HAT Python Library
First you'll need the Python dependencies for Automation HAT, you can install these with our one-line installer, as per these instructions
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/automationhat | bash
Automation HAT Node-RED
Installation via Node-Red
Run Node-Red and open setting menu, and select Manage palette. Select the install tab, and enter
Installation via NPM
npm install node-red-contrib-automation-hat
After installing via
npm you will need to restart Node-Red
Installation from latest source on GitHub
To install this node you should:
Change to your users node-red nodes directory:
Note: older node installation may use the location:
Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/shortbloke/node-red-contrib-automation-hat
Start Node-Red and you should see the new Automation HAT nodes within the Raspberry Pi section.
This project is based on the ExplorerHAT node implementation published by Pimoroni.