Scan Barcode & QR code is a simple and fast code scanner with all the features a modern android app.
I completed the Udacity andriod course and decided to make my own app.
Reasons to make the Scanner app :
- The idea did not looked complex for a beginner to implement.
- I already knew a barcode scanner library which was pretty popular.
- All the similar apps on playstore had AD'S and I wanted a AD free version.
- The UI of these apps was also old, not updated for a time now so a Material Design solution was needed.
The libraries or resources used:
- Zxing-android-embedded: really easy to use and does what it says very efficently.
- cupboard: makes SQL vey simple. you should atleast read it usage. Read this for more info
- CodePath Android Cliffnotes: A crowdsourced resource for complete and up-to-date practical Android developer guides for any topic.
- youtube also helped as always.
Things I learned and implemented:
- RecyclerView with swipe actions.
- Database connectivity using SQLite.
- Countless hours of debugging and wow moments.
tested to be working on
- Oneplus 3T[API 25]
- Pixel[API 25]
- LG G3[API 19]
- Nexus 4[API 19]
- Nexus 5[API 23]
- Moto E[API 19]
- Redmi 4[API 25].