This is a python script to download coursera lecture videos and files (updated to work with the Jan 2013 updates to coursera platform).
coursera.py has the following features:
- saves cookies
- shows download progress
- can provide multiple coursenames at once
coursera_py3.py has the same features, and works for python v3
Installation and Usage
- Python 2 or 3 (http://python.org/download)
- Beautiful Soup 4 (http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup)
First edit the config.py file and provide the following details:
- files to download: mp4, srt, txt, pdf, pptx
- foldermapping: if you want the name of folder different from the coursename
- downloadpath: files are downloaded to current directory by default
To start downloading, execute in a terminal:
python coursera.py coursename1 [coursename2 coursename3 ...]
Similarly for python3:
python3 coursera_py3.py coursename1 [coursename2 coursename3 ...]
Coursename can be determined from the url of the course.
eg: To download lectures of ml class (https://class.coursera.org/ml-2012-002/lecture/index), execute:
python coursera.py ml-2012-002
Multiple courses can be entered at once:
python coursera.py ml-2012-002 crypto-2012-003 algs4partI-2012-001
- Initially it downloads all the lectures from the beginning.
- It does not resume incomplete downloads.