Decoders for wireless weather sensor data received with RTL SDR.
This program decodes weather data produces by wiresless sensors from ELV.
It should work with the following sensors:
- Temperature sensor S 300 IA
- Temperature/Hygro sensor S 300 TH und ASH 2200
- Temperature/Hygro/Wind/Rain ("Kombi") sensor KS 200/300
I've tested it with:
- Temperature/Hygro sensor S 300 TH
- Kombi sensor KS 300-2 (Picture below)
rtl_fm -M -f 868.35M -s 30k | ./decode_elv_wde1.py -
- RTL SDR
- The weather sensors are manufactured by ELV
- Helmut Bayerlein describes the communication protocol
This program decodes weather data produces by wiresless sensors from Mebus like this one:
rtl_fm -M -f 433.84M -s 30k | ./decode_mebus.py -
- RTL SDR
- The weather sensors are manufactured by Albert Mebus GmbH, Haan, Germany
To decode in real time on machines with a slower CPU like the Raspberry Pi, the usage of PyPy as Python interpreter is recommended. The script decode_elv_wde1.py runs four times faster with PyPy. To set it as standard interpreter, change the first line of the script into
Copyright 2014 Martin Kompf
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.