Bachelor Thesis Stefan Kasberger
The bachelor thesis tries to find characteristics of editors on Wikipedia. Main focus is to look on how different communities evolve over time around the process of collaboratively building knowledge through agreeing/disagreeing. Additionaly, it is also planed to publish at the end a paper in a journal.
The Bachelor Thesis is part of the Environmental Systems Science with focus on Geography study at Karl Franzens University of Graz. The thesis itself will be done at GESIS Institute in Cologne, as part of the Data Science team of Markus Strohmaier.
- Institute: GESIS Computational Social Sciences - Team Data Science
- Advisor: Fabian Flöck and Markus Strohmaier
- Status: Explorative
- Start: 10. November 2014
- Language: English
The content of my bachelor thesis is under daily changes and some scripts and data exports must be prepared or checked in terms of copyright before adding it to the repo. This will take some time, thanks for your understanding.
- WikiWho: GPL v2
- Cisemcode: GPL v2
- Python and iPython for data analysis and visualization
- Git and GitHub for software versioning
- Zotero with firefox plugin for citation management
- LaTeX with ShareLaTeX for writting
- Wordpress for blogging regular outcomes at openscienceASAP.org
- orgmode and emacs for project management
- html 2 markdown editor for converting markdown to html
- Sublime as text editor for coding
Open Data from following data repositories were used:
First you need to adapt the wikipages_server.csv in
data/csv to your needs. title, maintainer id and maintainer name are mandatory. To enable download write
yes in the 'download' column, same for compute_stats and analysis. Then you only have to execute the following command inside
python wikibuild.py -a 'William_McKendree'
- README.md: Overview of repository