New from v5.0.0-beta-1 to v5.0.0-beta-2
IMPORTANT: This version of Snipe-IT requires PHP 7.1.3 or greater.
- Added half-year convention in depreciation
- Add a setting for the depreciation method
- Added predefined kits (this needs some UI love - in progress)
- Added kit permissions
- Allow multiple upload fields and add logo option to labels (#6736)
- Added ability to do full name search in user dropdown selectlist
- Added ability to search consumables by item number (#6785)
- Added write-only
image_sourcefield for asset create/edit API endpoint
- Fixed #6703 - fixes password confirmation
- Fixed #6710 - explicitly make
- Fixed #6676 - consumables API not respecting
- Fixed issue where offset could be greater than total items, resulting in “No results” confusion
- Fixed error if item requested or request was deleted (#6786)
- Run Laravel schedule in docker image using supervisord (#6606)
- Fixed miss label bugs
- Remove test data for Pie chart on dhasboard(#6793)
Want to Help Test?
Awesome! First things first, you should NOT test this in production yet, as it's a beta release. If you'd like to help us test, make a new copy of Snipe-IT and upgrade your copy to v5.0.0-beta-1.0, that way your data is safe. You should treat this test instance as a version you could easily throw away when you're done testing. (Hopefully it won't come to that, but hey, computers are hard.)
Things we're very interested in folks testing:
- LDAP/AD integration (login and sync)
- Using S3 to store files. We've built a little tool to help you migrate your local files to S3, which you can read about here.
- Client-side validation
- The importer, as always - that thing's a bear
If you need to create new bug reports for this beta release, please make sure you include the beta release version in the Github issue title so we can easily see that it's an issue specific to this beta.
For general upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
For a full list of changes, see the changelog.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here. After completing the upgrade below, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Special thanks to @jwhulette, @patrict, @VELIKII-DIVAN, @liquidhorse, @Seldaek, @inietov, @benrubson, @NMathar, @smb, @Sxderp, @fanta8897, @andreybolonin, @shinayoshi, @reuser, @KeenRivals, @omyno, @jackka, @herroworrd, @colin-campbell, @HinchK, and @uberbrady for helping bring v5 to life!