Node.js OAuth example
Read the blog post here
This is an example node application that implements Githubs OAuth2 API.
In order to run the application:
- Register your new application on Github : https://github.com/settings/applications/new. In the "callback URL" field, enter "http://localhost:8080/oauth/redirect". Once you register, you will get a client ID and client secret.
- Replace the values of the
clientSecretvariables in the index.js file
- Install dependencies by executing:
- Start the server by executing
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080 on your browser.