Teambox Project Manager
A project management software built on Ruby on Rails with a focus on collaboration.
Teambox is project-oriented. Each project is private and can only be accessed by its owner and collaborators. Projects have a status wall, conversations, tasks, shared pages and file uploads.
You can use Teambox online to understand how it works before installing.
Visit the product's site for documentation, community and support: http://www.teambox.com/
Teambox: Project Management and Collaboration software
- Website: http://www.teambox.com/
- GitHub: http://github.com/micho/teambox
- Lighthouse tickets: http://teambox.lighthouseapp.com
- Original developer: Pablo Villalba (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Copyright: (cc) 2010 Teambox Technologies S.L.
You can also use Teambox online. If you've chosen to run your own copy, then follow these simple steps!
Install missing gems:
- rake gems:install
Create Your Database
- rake db:create
- rake db:auto:migrate
Edit config files
- config/teambox.yml: replace the needed values for your own domain name.
- config/environment.rb: enter your email settings for smtp_settings.
Run the server with ./script/server and go to http://localhost to start using Teambox!
Plugins we use that you need to know about
You won't see a-lot of migration files in this rails project because we're using an awesome plugin called auto_migrations. Instead of creating migration files you modify the schema file and the run a rake that figures out what it has to do. Its saves alot of time in development. Then when you're ready to share you app for deployment there is a rake to convert your current schema to a migration file. So you'll only have migration files for major revisions.
TODO (Version 2)
- being able to delete comments
- seed data, so when were in development we can load up a project quickly
TODO (Version 2.1)
- project drop down
- time tracking
- column filters
- file revision uploads