- (How to get current position of track repeatedly?)[https://github.com/spotify/android-sdk/issues/283]
- (Please include the layout file in the examples folder)[https://github.com/spotify/android-sdk/issues/269]
- x86_64 and arm64 support
Metadataclass. What is that? If you play a playlist,
contextUriis a Spotify URI for the playlist, and
contextNameis a name of the playlist.
- Most of the methods of
SpotifyPlayernow expect an
OperationCallbackas the first argument so that you can listen to the
the result of the operations like play, skip, pause etc.
- Disk cache works now
- IPv6 network support
spotifyPlayer.play(uri)is changed to
spotifyPlayer.play(uri, index_in_context, start_from_ms)
spotifyPlayer.play(uri, index_in_context, start_from_ms)supports URIs for tracks, albums, playlists
- Error and PlayerEvent classes added with description
Metadataclass added to expose the information about current, next, previous tracks
- To obtain
PlaybackStateclass added, get it using
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta12
- This SDK now uses Spotify Android app to obtain access tokens. For more information see the
- Target SDK version is now 23 (Marshmallow)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta11
- Native crash in the player was fixed (Issue #96)
- Tracklist with size 1 can now be played using
- Player initialization issues for certain phone models are fixed (Issue #139)
- LoginActivity stays open when fetching authentication code for 2-step Facebook authentication (Issue #145)
allowBackup=truewas removed from libraries' manifests (Issue #153)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta10
TRACK_CHANGEDevent is back.
TRACK_ENDare deprecated now.
- CPU usage is much lower and much more battery friendly now (Issue #98)
- Player won't incorrectly report initialized state if it has been shut down.
InitializationObserverwill call back with
onErrorif Player had been shutdown before it finished initializing. (Issue #97)
- Potentially infinite loop in the Player initialization has been fixed.
- Internal buffer size has been increased to better accommodate for unstable network connections. (Issue #98)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta9
Spotify Android SDK is now shipped as two separate libraries -
one that handles authentication:
containing the player:
Applications that do not use playback can now include just the authentication module.
To use the new libraries a change in build files is required:
// Before 1.0.0-beta9 compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotifysdk:1.0.0-beta9@aar' // From 1.0.0-beta9 compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotify-player:1.0.0-beta9@aar' compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotify-auth:1.0.0-beta9@aar'
The name of the package containing playback related classes was changed from
More details can be found on the Spotify Android SDK page.
We finally have x86 support! (Issue #35)
AuthenticationClient#createLoginActivityIntentmethod was added.
This method returns an intent that can be used to show the
LoginActivityfrom a Fragment.
This intent can be used both with
android.supportFragments. (Issue #73)
Additional checks were introduced to ensure that
nullcallbacks can't be added to the
- Better error handling when
LoginActivityis launched without a calling activity.
In such case a descriptive error message will be logged in the logcat. (Issue #80)
BadTokenExceptionin LoginDialog fixed (Issue #95)
- Unavailable track error currently reports wrong uri.