Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta12
- This SDK now uses Spotify Android app to obtain access tokens. For more information see the Auth Guide
- Target SDK version is now 23 (Marshmallow)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta11
- Native crash in the player was fixed (Issue #96)
- Tracklist with size 1 can now be played using
- Player initialization issues for certain phone models are fixed (Issue #139)
- LoginActivity stays open when fetching authentication code for 2-step Facebook authentication (Issue #145)
allowBackup=truewas removed from libraries' manifests (Issue #153)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta10
TRACK_CHANGEDevent is back.
TRACK_ENDare deprecated now.
- CPU usage is much lower and much more battery friendly now (Issue #98)
- Player won't incorrectly report initialized state if it has been shut down.
InitializationObserverwill call back with
onErrorif Player had been shutdown before it finished initializing. (Issue #97)
- Potentially infinite loop in the Player initialization has been fixed.
- Internal buffer size has been increased to better accommodate for unstable network connections. (Issue #98)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta9
Spotify Android SDK is now shipped as two separate libraries -
one that handles authentication:
containing the player:
Applications that do not use playback can now include just the authentication module.
To use the new libraries a change in build files is required:
// Before 1.0.0-beta9 compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotifysdk:1.0.0-beta9@aar' // From 1.0.0-beta9 compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotify-player:1.0.0-beta9@aar' compile 'com.spotify.sdk:spotify-auth:1.0.0-beta9@aar'
The name of the package containing playback related classes was changed from
More details can be found on the Spotify Android SDK page.
- We finally have x86 support! (Issue #35)
AuthenticationClient#createLoginActivityIntentmethod was added. This method returns an intent that can be used to show the
LoginActivityfrom a Fragment. This intent can be used both with
android.supportFragments. (Issue #73)
- Additional checks were introduced to ensure that
nullcallbacks can't be added to the
- Better error handling when
LoginActivityis launched without a calling activity. In such case a descriptive error message will be logged in the logcat. (Issue #80)
BadTokenExceptionin LoginDialog fixed (Issue #95)
- Unavailable track error currently reports wrong uri.
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta8
- Login flow in the WebView. It is no longer necessary to open the web browser
to log users in. See
Spotify#getPlayermethod is static.
- Using queue methods together with regular playback might behave unreliably
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta7
- SDK includes native libraries for ARMv7 devices
- New way to get access to audio data. Instead of subclassing the
Playerit is now possible to create a custom
AudioControllerand pass it to the player during creation. For details refer to
- Subclassing the
Playeris no longer possible. This is because there's no need for it with custom
Playerinstance is passed to the
- It is possible to set playback bitrate. Default bitrate is set to 160kbit/s.
For more details see
- Player has two new methods:
logoutwhich can be used to log back in after losing connectivity or to switch users.
- It is now possible to specify which handler player should post its callback on (default is main thread)
- One of the
ConnectionStateCallbackmethods has been removed.
- To use all brand new options Player has a brand new Builder.
- Only playback events are delivered to
- Lots of internal Player fixes mostly related to concurrency.
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0-beta6
- Starting a song from specified position is now possible.
Check out the new
Player#play(PlayConfig)method to see how to use it.
- We added some more error handling. This means you can get new types of errors
PlayerNotificationCallback#onPlaybackErrorif something goes wrong.
- Disk cache is now turned on by default. It can be turned off by invoking
Initialization of the player changed slightly. Now you'll need to pass a
with valid client ID when getting the player:
// Old way: Spotify spotify = new Spotify("myauthtoken"); Player player = spotify.getPlayer(context, "mycompany", referenceObj, initObserver); // New way Spotify spotify = new Spotify(); Config playerConfig = new Config(context, "myauthtoken", "myclientid"); Player player = spotify.getPlayer(playerConfig, referenceObj, initObserver);
It is possible to inject a custom player to the
- We tweaked playback logic a bit. Now the player should much more responsive when skipping songs or changing contexts.
- SDK is now tested with Lollipop (Android 5.0)
- If you try playing a playlist from an index beyond the playlist size, there's no related playback error triggered.
- The same issue occurs when trying to play a song with the initial position that is beyond its duration.
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0 Beta 5
- We introduced two new playback events:
TRACK_ENDthat will replace the
TRACK_CHANGEDevent. The uri of the track that started or finished playing can be read from player state sent with those events. (Issue #8)
- SDK now handles playback errors with new
PlayerNotificationCallback#onPlaybackErrormethod. It can be used to handle the unavailable tracks errors. (Issue #37)
As an experimental feature you can now use disk cache in your app. It will store streamed
tracks locally on the device and read them from disk when played next time.
To enable cache initialize Spotify this way:
Spotify spotify = new Spotify("myauthtoken"); spotify.useCache(true);
InitializationObserver#onErrorcallback is now delivered correctly on the UI thread.
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0 Beta 4
- You will now get player state with every player event.
- The player state now contains information about currently playing track and its duration. (Issue #22)
- Instead of keeping a copy of player state from native player inside Player object
getPlayerState()is now asynchronous and requires a callback.
We removed these methods from the Player object:
This data can now be retrieved asynchronously with
the player state passed with player events.
- New callback for errors while logging in.
- Player initialization callback is now triggered after user successfully logs in.
- SDK does not mix playback with Spotify App. (Issue #28)
Spotify Android SDK 1.0.0 Beta 3
- We added the possibility to play a list of tracks (for example, an album's tracks). Playing the list of tracks also supports playing from a specified index (Issue #11).
- Improved API reference manual.