Sass Boilerplate Yeoman Generator
A SASS (SCSS) generator for Yeoman. Quickly scaffolds out new SCSS files for a new project.
- Make sure you have yo installed:
npm install -g yo
- Install the generator:
npm install -g generator-sass-boilerplate
- Follow the prompts, inserting your user information as needed
Why It's Awesome
- Variable names are auto-generated to match the project name. All variables are prefixed with the project name. This is great for auto-completion (in PHPStorm, WebStorm, SublimeText 2/3, most modern IDEs)
- Author snippet at the beginning of each file with timestamp, copyright, package name, and description
- Scaffolds out SCSS helpers based off of my sass boilerplate. Allows for leaner, better CSS. Optionally includes animation mixins and helpers.
- Icon names are included when you decide to use basic Icomoon icons. You can easily change an element into an icon
- Quickly scaffold out your new app's styles with the ability to include/exclude files: default styles, CSS3 menu styles, form styles, type styles, and Eric Meyer's reset.